Our Charitable Activities and Community Involvement
SS&G Wealth is an active leader in both the financial services industry and in the communities we serve. Giving back to the profession and the community is embedded in our values and culture. Our team members and the firm demonstrate our commitment through a wide variety of volunteer activities, charitable contributions, sponsorships and educational offerings. For example:
For SS&G Wealth’s Spring 2015 Open House, we partnered with:
- The HELP Foundation’s HELP U Shred program, which provides meaningful employment for individuals with developmental disabilities, while providing confidential onsite shredding services to our clients. www.helpushredinc.org
- Goodwill Industries, to accept tax-deductible donations of clothing and household items from our clients, benefiting this charitable organization and providing our clients a helping hand with their spring cleaning. www.goodwillakron.org
- Dell Reconnect, a Goodwill Industries partner, to accept donations of unwanted electronics technology for recycling, diverting waste from landfills and helping our community while putting people to work. www.dellreconnect.com
SS&G Wealth sponsored the 2014 Gay Games held in Cleveland and has been a sponsor of the Sugar Plum Tour since 2013, which benefits the Gay Community Endowment Fund of Akron Community Foundation.
In 2013, SS&G Wealth co-sponsored the SS&G Memorial Golf Classic to benefit the Cleveland and Greater East Ohio Area Chapters of the Alzheimer’s Association held at The Mayfield Sand Ridge Club campus in Chardon.
We also sponsor Dollars for Denim days monthly. Staff members who donate $5 to a selected charity can wear jeans to work on designated days. Some of the charities we have supported include Akron Children's Hospital, The March of Dimes and Goodwill Industries of Akron.
Carina Diamond is a passionate advocate of financial literacy for women and the founder of Flourish™ – women and wealth management. Due to her talent for articulating financial complexities plainly and simply, she is a sought-after source for financial planning commentary by major national media including The Wall Street Journal, CNBC and Investor’s Business Daily.
- She serves her profession as board ambassador for CFP Board, a non-profit organization fostering professional standards in personal financial planning; as a member of The University of Akron finance advisory board; and through active involvement in the university’s CFP program. She is a member of the Financial Advisor Council of the Financial Services Institute, the national not-for-profit organization that advocates for the individual investor.
- She is a past board member for the Diabetes Partnership of Cleveland and Cleveland’s Museum of Contemporary Art, and a member of the John Carroll University Entrepreneurs Association.
Patrick Hahn is a past member of the Board of Trustees of the Medina County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (MCSPCA) and a devoted defender of animal rights. He has also volunteered with Junior Achievement.
Marc Servodio is frequently called upon to address groups and business organizations on financial topics. For SS&G Wealth, Marc is spearheading F.U.E.L. — Financial Understanding for Emerging Leaders, a group with the mission to provide financial education, networking and personal and professional development opportunities for the area’s young professionals.